Friday, June 22, 2007

EUTHANASIA !!!


Hi my classmates,

After finishing Friday classes, I went to web blog to see your comments. I did not know what my next topic is. Suddenly, I think about the term Euthanasia. OK. Then I started it. What is euthanasia? Why does it become one of controversial topics? Euthanasia is defined that euthanasia is the termination of human because they are living in unbearable life and terminally ill. Patients or people decide to end their life either by lethal injections, overdoses, or withdraw from live support or medication. This matter has been heated up when “Dr. Death” whose name is Jack Kevorkian was released on Jun 1st, 2007 after serving 8 years in prison. He is a controversial American pathologist. He was arrested as he helped 120 people ending their life. He is one of pro-euthanasia activists, having great contribution for euthanasia movement. Is he right or wrong?

I felt sick when I heard people ending themselves since the most significant concept is that “people can not choose when to be born; therefore, they can not choose when to die” conducted by an article I had read. I do not know about your ideas. What you agree or disagree with this?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is an interesting topic to discuss thank you for bringing it up. However, I do not know if I agree or disagree because it is a very delicate subject to discuss.

kallin said...

It is very difficult to come to an agreement in the world for about the euthanasia. In fact, I am more likely to support it, but I hope it will happen under the condition that the family of the patient agree. Sometimes, it is also suffered that people can only watch their family suffering without any hope. On the other hand, someone said "we can't choose when we born, so we can't choose when we die, but how about the murderer - when a murderer kill someone, he/she is choosing a death. Hence, I don't think that sentence is a good reason for prohibiting euthanasia.

Mr. Bannett said...

Hi Cong,
You have really a vast amount of knowledge about Euthenasia, which is great.
Good job, man.
Thaks.
Kabiul.